Monday, March 17, 2008

Finally persuaded my dad to let me use his mastercard to sign up for the saucony-100plus passion run. it's 10km long, not even half a proper marathon, but since i've not joined any runs for a long time, i thought i'll give it a try. you can sign up to be a participant or a volunteer here. (click the "here")

Went out early in the morning twice to start training up, jogged about 5km in the morning, around 12-1 am, and around 7km in at 8-9 am. clocked an hour plus for the latter, bullshit timing. this is what you get for missing physical conditioning for a year plus, i was much better last time. If i want to get to the top few i better improve on distance AND timing.

My dad was reluctant to let me join at first. His reason? "you hadn't ran in ages, and suddenly you expect me to pay for your entrance fee to some mass-run at the other side of singapore??", so i counter argued "Pa, it's only twelve bucks, and i didn't want you to sponsor me, i'll pay you twelve bucks." then after that he said okay.

No comments: